Who we are
Our website address is: http://redandblack.wpengine.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Kathmandu Coast to Coast 3 Person Team entry prize
Terms and Conditions
Post a video or a photo of yourself training for the Kathmandu Coast to Coast on the #WeAreCanterbury Facebook or Instagram pages using #WeAreCanterbury and #WhereITrain as the hashtag between 17:00pm (NZST) on Monday 2nd December 2019 and 11.59pm (NZST) on Sunday 8th December 2019 and be in to win an entry into the #WeAreCanterbury 3 Person team for the 2020 Kathmandu Coast to Coast. A runner, cyclist and kayaker will be chosen to make up the three-person team.
That competitor must live in Canterbury.
For further prize details see PRIZE section below. For judging times see HOW TO ENTER section below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- ‘THE COMPETITION’ runs from 17:00pm (NZST) on Monday 2nd December 2019 until 11.59PM (NZST) on Sunday 8th December 2019 (Competition Period). Entries received by the Promoter after the end of the Competition Period shall not be eligible to take part in the
- WeAreCanterbury (the Promoter) reserves the right to cancel, terminate,
modify or withdraw ‘THE COMPETITION’ at any time.
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining shortlisted Entrants or the winners.
Each entry and Entrant will be individually judged on, amongst other things, creative merit and brand suitability. All judging decisions are as determined by the Promoter, in their absolute. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All entries must be the independent creation of the Entrant and must not have been copied or published previously in any format. An entry must not include photograph imagery or video of any person who is under the age of 18 years unless the Entrant has that person’s parent or guardian’s consent and, if the person is aged 13 or above, that perso’s consent.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entrants must, during the Competition Period:
- Take a photo or video of themselves training for the Kathmandu Coast to Coast race, and upload this photo or video to either Instagram or to the #WeAreCanterbury Facebook page using the hashtag #WeAreCanterbury and #WhereITrain to be in the running; and
- The Entrant must tag the official #WeAreCanterbury and @ChristchurchNZ Instagram pages
(@wearecanterbury @Christchurchnz) or Facebook pages
(https://www.facebook.com/Wearecanterbury/) in their entry photo; and
- The photo or video must be entered into the Competition between 17:00pm (NZST)
Monday 2nd December 2019 and 11:59PM (NZST) Sunday 8th December 2019.
- Entrants can enter as many times as they like, provided a new photo or video is posted for each entry.
- Judging will take place at the Promoter’s office, 113 McHughs Road Swannanoa, New Zealand, on the following dates and times: Entries will be judged, and Winners announced on December 09 at 11:00am (NZST) and notifyied via their social media accounts thereafter.
- By entering this Competition, the Entrant consents to any information they submit being published on any #WeAreCanterbury online properties (including WeAreCanterbury website, email campaigns, social media).
- The Promoter may copy and edit an Entrant’s entry and may use (or allow others to use) their name and entry (or an edited version of it) and any rights in relation to their entry, to publicise this Competition or for any other purpose. These rights are perpetual, royalty free, world-wide, irrevocable and transferable and entitle the Promoter to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Entrant’s entry and any accompanying materials
for such purposes. For example, the Promoter may publish all or any part of an Entrant’s entry or any amended version of it. The Promoter may also decide not to publish an entry or to cease publication of an entry. By submitting a competition entry and any accompanying material,
each Entrant hereby agrees to:
- assign to the Promoter all of the Entrant’s intellectual property rights that subsist
therein with full title guarantee; and
- waive all moral rights, in and to the Entrant’s competition entry and otherwise
arising in connection with the entry to which the Entrant may now or at any time in
the future be entitled under the relevant legislation in the Entrant’s country from
time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- Entrants warrant that their entry does not breach any third party rights (for example, intellectual property rights) and that its use by the Promoter or any other person will not breach such rights nor otherwise breach any law (for example, it is not defamatory, in contempt of court or in breach of any privacy law). Entries must not be obscene, offensive, malicious, discriminatory, indecent or (in the Promoter’s opinion) otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (for example they must not include language the Promoter deems offensive).
- One leg of the Three-person team entry. The total prize pool is valued at up to $1,895 NZD.
The prize is for the entry only and each winner/participant must organise own travel, accommodation and further race expenses.
The recipient of the kayak leg must meet at grade two and race safety requirements.
#WeAreCanterbury accepts no fault of injury or damages to any gear and or property of the winners at any stage of either pre or during the event.
- The prize cannot be on sold, transferred, gifted or exchanged and is the sole property of the winner.
- The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value.
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash.
14a. If the Prize winner is no able to complete the event (prior to the event start) the winner must notify #WeAreCanterbury in the hopes of finding a suitable replacement.
- Entry into ‘The Competition’ is available only to persons who are:
- residents of New Zealand and live in Canterbury; and
- aged over the age of 16 (and Entrants aged 16 or 17 must get approval from their
parent/guardian before they enter);
- Employees of the Promoter (and their immediate families) and its subsidiaries and related companies and any companies associated with this Competition (including but not limited to #WeAreCanterbury) are not eligible
- The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive, inappropriate or detrimental to any person or business in any way or that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name or social media username.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the Entrant to produce (within the requested time) appropriate identification to the Promoter’s satisfaction at its sole discretion in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity or eligibility to enter and claim the prize , and any information submitted by the Entrant in connection with entering the Competition, before issuing the prize.
- If any information required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) within the time period specified or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then the entry of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed
- Entrants must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any
of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this
- breach any law;
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- If an Entrant or their entry is deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions
including if they are unable to collect the prize as specified, their entry may be discarded.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
- #WeAreCanterbury and any other person or party associated with this Competition are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, fax equipment, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic
congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s fax equipment, mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this
Competition or the downloading of any materials related to this Competition.
- #WeAreCanterbury and any other person or party associated with this Competition shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Competition or taking any prize or using any prize, except any liability prize giving that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this Competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of prizes.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably releases and discharges Facebook from any and all liability in connection with the Competition.
- By entering into the Competition, the Entrant;
- warrants that all information is true and correct. Incomplete, ineligible or
incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid;
- agrees to participate in all promotional, public or marketing activity requested by the Promoter in connection with the Competition and delivery of the prize, including use of the prize and the winner’s image (including photograph or recording) for broadcast or publication in any medium, for an unlimited period of time without any notification, remuneration or compensation; and
- is deemed to accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter collects personal information about Entrants in order to conduct the Competition and administer the prize. If the personal information requested is not provided, a person may not be able to participate. The Promoter may also use Entrants; personal information to help improve its goods and services. The Promoter may share Entrants; personal information with the Promoter’s related companies, agents and contractors. The Promoter and its related companies may contact Entrants with special offers and marketing via any medium including
mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (including email and SMS). Entrants; personal information may be disclosed to recipients in countries such as Australia and New
- how a person can seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds and seek the correction of such information; and
- how a person can complain about a breach of privacy and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
- The terms and conditions of the Competition are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.